Welcome to Jyothi Province, Kothamangalam

A small branch  of the Sacred Heart Congregation, founded by  Venerable  Fr. Mathew Kadalikkattil, on 1st January 1911 at Palai, was begun on 24th June, 1938 at Mylacombu, an ancient parish of the Archdiocese of Ernakulam. Our local Director was Rev. Msgr. Francis Thekkekara, he was a parish priest. When the Archdiocese of Ernakulam was divided in 1957 and the Kothamangalam Diocese took shape, all the convents in the Archdiocese came to be under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Kothamangalam. Thus the S.H Congregation founded in the Archdiocese of Ernakulam became limited to the new Diocese. S.H.Provincial House was established on 20th Sept 1960. It is near the Bishop's House of Kothamangalam. This  house was the former Bishop's House. When the new Bishop's House was built, the old house was bought for the convent and began functioning on the same day. At that ......

Our Vision

Our Mission

Our Goal

Rev.Sr.Thresiamma pallikunnel S.H
Provincial Superior

Photo Gallery

Video Gallery